The Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump offers four different stylish bag options. It comes with either a shoulder bag, metro bag, on-the-go tote, or a backpack. All four options include the same incredible double electric breast pump.
The Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump offers Medela’s signature 2-phase expression technology, intended to give you maximum efficiency and comfort. The stimulation phase offers a light fast sucking rhythm that stimulates milk flow, and the expression phase begins once the milk starts flowing, giving you a slower, deeper sucking rhythm that is proven to express more milk in a shorter period of time.
The Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump is portable and discreet, offering a battery pack that lets you pump anywhere. It also comes with an ice pack cooler that holds 4 breast milk bottles, and will keep them cool for up to 12 hours.
This pump offers two 24 mm PersonalFit breast shields, (4) 5 ounce bottles with lids, 2 valves and membranes, 1 wide base nipple, and a travel cap. It also comes with a power cord that plugs into any standard outlet. All of the Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump parts are 100% BPA-free, and it’s easy to assemble, as well as easy to operate. With a single knob that controls both the speed and vacuum, it’s easy to find your preferred comfort level, therefore pumping more efficiently. This is the perfect breast pump for working moms, as well as stay at home moms looking to increase their milk supply.
Medela Pump In Style Advanced Features:
- Electric double pump features 2-phase expression technology
- Single knob for both speed and vacuum control
- One touch let-down produces more milk faster
- Portable and discreet – comes with a backpack, on-the-go tote, or metro shoulder bag
- Battery pack lets you pump anywhere – requires 8 AA batteries (not included)
- Power cord fits any standard outlet
- Removable cooler bag – holds 4 bottles, and keeps cool for 12 hours
- Contoured ice pack
- 2 – 24 mm PersonalFit breast shields
- 4 – 5 oz bottles with lids
- 1 wide base nipple and travel cap
- 2 valves and membranes, plus tubing
- All parts are 100% BPA-free
- 42-63 CPM’s
Medela Pump In Style Advanced – Assembly Instructions
Get the Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump @ Amazon – BEST Price
- Pump In Style w/Shoulder Bag – $288.98 – 10% OFF
- Pump In Style w/Backpack – $237.99 – 21% OFF
- Pump In Style w/On-The-Go Tote – $241.00 – 31% OFF
- Pump In Style w/Metro Bag – $305.00
As far as reviews go, the Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump did excellent. With a total of 294 out of 343 reviewers rating it 4 to 5 stars, with 5 being the max, that’s 86% pure customer satisfaction. Most absolutely loved it. The other 14% of reviews were mixed, with some still loving the pump, but disliking the bag it came with. Many of the reviewers who purchased the Medela Pump In Style Advanced Backpack wished that they had the bigger shoulder bag, and those that purchased the pump with shoulder bag complained that it was too bulky. That just goes to show, you can’t please everybody. Personally, if it were me, I’d go with the Medela Pump In Style Advanced with Backpack because carrying a backpack is a whole lot easier than an over-the-shoulder bag, especially if you’ve got a little one to carry too.
As far as the actual breast pump was concerned, a few reviewers complained that the battery pack was next to worthless, stating that even with 8 AA batteries, it loses power quickly. Fortunately, you can buy a vehicle lighter adapter for traveling. The only other complaint I found was that some reviewers said that the Medela Pump In Style Advanced was loud. If you watch the first video demonstration above, you can hear for yourself how loud it gets, which I personally feel is nothing compared to other breast pumps I’ve heard. In fact, one reviewer even stated that she could use the Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump in bed while her husband was asleep. Other than that, I actually had a hard time finding negative feedback about the pump itself. Most of the reviewers felt that it was extremely efficient, and that the PersonalFit breast shields were quite comfortable. See for yourself what reviewers had to say in the below customer feedback section. .
Medela Pump In Style Advanced – Good & Bad
- Double pump for more milk in half the time
- Perfect for working moms or those trying to establish a milk supply
- 2-phase expression technology
- PersonalFit breast shields are super comfortable
- Single knob controls both speed and vacuum
- One-touch let down – proven to give you more milk faster
- Portable and discreet – comes with a travel bag
- It’s battery operated, and it comes with an AC adapter
- Comes w/cooler bag and contoured ice pack, as well as extra parts
- Battery pack has a short life span
- Must purchase the vehicle lighter adapter – sold separately
- The pump itself is attached to whatever bag you purchase, so you can’t take the pump out.
- Several parts to clean – this is the norm for electric breast pumps, especially double breast pumps
- Some complained that is was noisy – watch the first video demo above to decide for yourself whether or not it’s too noisy
Wonderful Product!, June 9, 2011
By Tina M. Kyser
I had the Medela Swing breast pump with my first son. I was only occasionally pumping at that time and it did the job. Upon the arrival of my second son, who was premature and tongue tied, I was pumping every feeding because he would not latch properly. The Swing pump was no longer doing sufficiently. So after a few days of debating the price, I decided that I would splurge for this pump. The Medela Pump In Style Advanced Breast Pump is absolutely amazing!
Yes you can buy a cheap model but lets be honest, you are just going to have a product you are unhappy with. Save yourself the trouble and just purchase this one. You are sure to love it!
Paraphrased for size – See Original
Powerful suction – great for low milk supply! Why did I bother with others?, August 17, 2010
I wasted time and money on other breast pumps! I have low milk production. I was getting so frustrated because I wanted to provide my baby with breast milk. I was going to rent the hospital pump, but then read reviews for the Medela Pump in Style Advanced and thought I’d try it first.
After a month of frustration with a single pump, I was thrilled to pump “double” with the Pump in Style! It would take me almost a full day to just pump 2ozs with the Swing. When I tried the “Pump in Style” i got 3oz in 10 minutes!!!! I was so thrilled. It’s very comfortable. I did NOT think that it was heavy at all. Great suction, feels comfortable. So happy when I received it! Now my little girl can have breast milk!
Review paraphrased for size – See Original